Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snowboarding

Yesterday, I woke up to 6 inches of freshly fallen snow. My sister and cousins had made plans to go snowboarding so at 7:45 am, I was outside shoveling the sidewalk and driveway and at 8:30, the boys and I were on our way to meet up at my parents condo.

It was a blustery morning but cleared up beautifully for our 1pm lesson. My feet were killing me after the lesson and I was ready to call it a day but Anita convinced me to switch boots with Andrea (whose boots were too loose) and the problem was fixed! My boots were too small! So I need to go get some new ones. And apparently need to wax my board as well!

I'm glad I went, would like to go again. Reminded me how much fun it is to fly down a mountain. It's not about confidence so much as it is about commiting. "Confidence: the feeling you have before you fully realize the consequences of the situation"

No comments:

Post a Comment